Welcome to jtes.net, the personal website and blog of John Slade (johnteslade).
- Live in Crystal Palace, London, England
- Work as a Senior Software Engineer and Architect designing network security products for Thales e-Security. Developing in UML, C, C++ and Python.
Currently looking for software engineering opportunities in London. See my CV for full details of skills and experience.
- Run video game website SimRacingWorld.com and news aggregator VGtap since 2001. Developed in Perl, MySQL, Python, Django and Google App Engine.
- Contribute to some open source projects on GitHub -
- Organise hack days with friends – Python (Feb 2012), Android (Jun 2012)
- Attend weekend hackathons – HACKcelerator Fall 2013 in San Francisco, AngelHack London (Apr 2013, Nov 2012), Hackathon London (Jun 2012)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Management, University of Bath
- MEng Electronic Engineering, University of York
- Previously worked for QinetiQ in Malvern
- Enjoy playing Golf, Squash, Cycling, Running and Volleyball
- Have lived in Brighton, Redhill, Cheltenham, Worcester, York
- Grew up in Brentwood, Essex