Welcome to jtes.net, the personal website and blog of John Slade (johnteslade).
- Live in Crystal Palace, London, England
- Work as a Software Engineer at YouView TV developing test automation software
- Experienced in Python and C
- Run video game website SimRacingWorld.com and news aggregator VGtap since 2001. Developed in Perl, MySQL, Python, Django and Google App Engine.
- Contribute to some open source projects on GitHub:
- Organise hack days with friends – Python (Feb 2012), Android (Jun 2012)
- Winner of AngelHack London Spring 2013 and part of HACKcelerator in San Francisco with JektaBox
- Attend weekend hackathons – AngelHack London (Apr 2013, Nov 2012), Hackathon London (Jun 2012), TechCrunch Disrupt SF (Sept 2013)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Management, University of Bath
- MEng Electronic Engineering, University of York
- Previously developed network security products for Thales e-Security and mobile software security solutions for Samsung
- 176th fastest on a Brompton folding bike (at Brompton World Championship 2013).
- Enjoy playing Golf, Squash, Cycling, Running and Volleyball
- Have lived in Brighton, Redhill, Cheltenham, Worcester, York
- Grew up in Brentwood, Essex